Community Alliance of Tenants (CAT)
Portland's oldest and renowned tenant member non-profit at the forefront of tenant rights advocacy and legislation in Oregon. (Youtube video)
- Advocacy training
- Tenant education (landlord tenant rights)
- Organising tenants on-site
- Coalition building and legislative actions for tenant protections
- Affordable housing preservation and funding
- Tenant hot-line
- Housing justice volunteer opportunities
Contact: Katrina Holland, Executive Director
Monmoth Independent Tenants Union (MITU)
Oregon Housing Alliance
Legislative advocacy for changes in Oregon State Law for:
- Rent Stabilization
- Eradication of No-Cause Evictions
- Oregon Housing Tax Credits for development and preservation of low-cost housing
- Document Recording Fee increase for homelessness prevention and low-cost housing
- Provides lobby training, coordination and support to tenants and organizations promoting legislative change and protections for tenants in Oregon.
- Protecting homeowners and help to create new homeowners in Oregon
Learn about Lobby Day Training and Activity
State of Oregon Legislative Support
Tenant Support Organizations
Federal Legislative Support
Advocacy for student tenants by:
- The adoption of a formal procedure for reporting violations of the landlord-tenant law.
- The creation of a “rental unit violation form”.
- Expanded enforcement authority for Monmouth building inspectors.
- Increased fines for negligent landlords.
- Updated and expanded Housing Code.
- Annual educational forums and outreach to tenants.
Northwest Pilot Project
Provides support for seniors (55 and older):
Find rental housing
Funds for moving
Information for other community services
Portland Tenants United (PTU)
A growing tenant led, tenant union engaged in:
- Tenant advocacy and rapid response actions
- Legislative change for increased tenant protections
- Direct stance against predatory landlords
Contact- Sammy Black, President
Join PTU on Facebook